Chicago Electric Boat Company is a place where you can turn your dream of living the boater’s life into a reality– even if it’s just for the afternoon! To help you plan ahead for a fun but safe rental experience, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Common Sense Is a Must: Because of the amount of boat traffic, common sense is crucial when cruising the river. This includes:
- Operate the boat at a safe speed at all times, especially in crowded areas like the main branch.
- Be alert and steer clear of large vessels and watercraft that can be restricted to stop and turn as quickly as your boat would.
- Be respectful of the navigational/safety aids that are placed inside the boat. They are there to ensure you have a safe journey on the Chicago River.
- BYOF and BYOB: One thing that makes our boats so fun and unique is that guest can enjoy a floating picnic with loved ones or friends. Whatever the occasion, make sure you come prepared with plenty of food and drink to go around!
- Don’t Forget The Sunscreen: Sunshine is a beautiful thing but sunburns, on the other hand, are not. Remember, you get more sun while on the water so don’t forget sunscreen to help prevent burns and to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Bring Your Music: The aux cord is truly the greatest invention! Cruise to your own soundtrack by connecting your smartphone to the built in speakers aboard all of our boats. We recommend creating a playlist ahead of time so you can just tap play, sit back and enjoy the cruise.
- If You’re Nervous, Use A Lifejacket: Many people do not know how to swim, and that is totally fine! While children are required to wear lifejackets, it is also an option for adults who are a bit nervous around the water. They may not be the most fashionable accessory but if they make you more comfortable during your cruise, then let your crew member know. Of course we have safety lifejackets aboard all of our boats.