Beginning on June 3rd, 2020 we are so excited to invite you back!
Chicago Electric Boat Company, will officially open for summer 2020 with enhanced sanitation guidelines and limited capacity measures. More details on these new practices and procedures can be found below.
Your health and safety are our top priorities! We will continue to maintain a high standard of cleanliness on our boats, in our facilities, and through our employee practices. Extra sanitation precautions, practices, and requirements have been added to our operation to ensure a worry-free and healthy experience. These new practices include:
- Increasing the amount of time in-between rentals to ensure ample time to complete thorough sanitation procedures.
- Enacting social-distance-friendly orientations, including a staggered check-in system.
- All employees and customers will be required to wear a face mask at all times while on land/water.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available at our office and on rental boats. All common areas will be sanitized regularly.
- Increased diligence in cleaning and sanitizing all boats before and after use, taking extra time to thoroughly sanitize life vests, tables, steering wheels, dashboards and seats as these are high traffic surfaces.
- Using a steam-sanitizing system after a boat has thoroughly been wiped down for added precaution. All of these products are CDC approved and proven to kill the COVID-19 virus.
- Heightened frequency of cleaning shared spaces high-touch surfaces in our offices and during orientation procedures, including our table tops, door handles, and other high-touch areas.
- Designating safe waiting areas for each group to maintain safe social-distancing.
- Online check-in processes to minimize employee and customer interactions.
- Following the outlined health and sanitation guidelines as noted by the CDC and the US Coast Guard.
Tips for Customers – Help us keep you safe!
- Wear a mask at all times, even while cruising.
- Use the washroom before arriving and practice regular hand washing.
- Watch safety videos online so you know what to expect ahead of time.
- Fill out the online waiver before arriving.
- Carefully read our FAQ “COVID-19” section on our website
We are very excited and ready for you to cruise with us once more! As the city allows us to reopen for Phase Three, we will continue to adhere to the regulations set forth by Mayor Lightfoot and Governor Pritzker. Follow us on social media for any updates to come. We pledge to ensure an enjoyable and safe cruising environment for summer 2020 and beyond!